IMS regulation (Integrity Management System for City or Local Natural Gas Distribution Networks) was issued by the Petroleum Natural Gas Regulatory Board in 2013.
IMS regulation helps in understanding the requirements and the basic features needed for implementing an effective integrity management plan for city gas distribution networks. In this methodology:
- It determines and forecasts the risks and dangers related with city gas distribution networks.
- It helps in reducing the risk of CGD network failure by streamlining processes.
- The periodic inspection of the safety of CGD networks and its hazards helps in protection of the personnel, property, public and the environment.
- It also helps in proper allocation of resources, thus minimizing risks.
Benefits of this inspection:
- It reduces the damages in property, equipment and products, thus minimizing the costs.
- Following a single procedure ensures that all the standards are followed consistently and the workloads are streamlined
- The cases of accidents/incidents would reduce, thus minimizing costs and wastage of time
- It gives a competitive advantage to the company.