The objective of mechanical inspection is to conclude if the vehicle/equipment (internal/external) is mechanically safe to use.
Mechanical safety inspection includes:
- The vehicle’s mechanical safety is inspected, along with the structural components in the vehicle
- All the safety equipment are periodically inspected to determine any short-comings/flaws
- Thorough inspection and review of the different procedures and processes being followed.
- Review of the available safety equipment as per the specified standards
- Audit of the parts of the equipment being used
Benefits of this inspection:
- Identification of the flaws in the equipment helps the user take pre-emptive measures and better maintenance, thus avoiding future damage and accidents.
- Periodic inspection helps identity easily damaged parts, thus these parts can be replaced with different brand parts, thus avoiding future breakdowns
- The personnel taking care of the equipment are held accountable for the equipment during the periodic inspection thus, leading them to take better care of the equipment.
- Reduces future costs and damages.