The purpose of electrical inspection is to determine that the fundamental safety electrical practices are being followed.
Electrical inspection includes:
- Thorough inspection and review of the earthing procedures to ensure that installation is done properly and all devices will operate in the prescribed format in case a fault occurs.
- Audit of the insulation equipment and the RCDs.
- Review of the polarity tests of the equipment to ensure that they are not live when switches are in off position.
- Review of the procedures in place for maintenance of the circuit.
Benefits of this inspection:
- For any construction, electrical installations play an essential part. Improperly executed, it can lead to disasters. Thus, periodic inspection leads to reduction in risk of fire.
- Following a single procedure ensures that all the standards are followed consistently and the workloads are streamlined
- It helps in increasing safety of the working environment.
- Helps in reduction of machine/equipment damage.
- Periodic inspection minimizes the danger to property, the business and the public.