The objective of civil inspection is to provide quality assurance on construction projects. It includes inspecting the construction plans and reviewing the after-effects of this construction.
Civil inspection includes:
- Inspection of construction sites- to mainly ensure that the local building/federal laws are being followed.
- Thorough inspection and review of the quality of materials, equipment and processes that are being followed.
- Review of the construction plans- to determine that they follow the specified standards
Benefits of this inspection:
The deliverables from this process are:
- Identification of the flaws in time, thus initiating repairs.
- Early repairs and replacements help in reducing the post damage costs
- Periodic inspection helps enhance the safety of the structures.
- Helps in better allocation of resources.
- It helps the company understand its day-to-day operations better and find effective ways of cost-reduction.