The demand for organic products/farm produce is on the rise globally.Increased health consciousness and growing awareness of ill effects by contaminated farm produce, from the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides is resulting in demand for Organic Products. Varied agro-climatic conditions in India coupled with vast bio-diversity, provide an ideal platform for adoption of Organic farming.
With a view to have a focused development of organic farming and quality organic products, Ministry of Commerce and Industry,launched programmes for organic food certification.These certifications also meet the international standards.
TQCERT SERVICES PVT. LTD. (Formely FoodCert) has been accredited by APEDA (Agricultural and Processed Foods Export Development Authority), under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India as per NPOP & NOP standards. The NPOP standards for production and accreditation system have been recognized by European Commission and Switzerland for unprocessed plant products as equivalent to their country standards. Similarly, USDA has recognized NPOP conformity assessment procedures of accreditation as equivalent to that of US. With these recognitions, Indian organic products duly certified by the accredited certification bodies of India are accepted by the importing countries
Benefits of this Certification:
- Facilitates better returns for produce
- Avoids use of chemical inputs in farming operations
- Access local, regional, and international markets
- Protect natural resources
- Support local economies
- Access additional funding and technical assistance programs
- Procedure for extending, reducing, suspending & withdrawing certifications
- Documented Policy for Public Information
- Client List updated as on 11-12-2017
- Certification fee (refer APEDA website)
- TQCERT application form for organic
- Procedure for complaint handling